Wednesday, March 13, 2013

{Review(s)}: Covergirl BB Cream and Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

Well, it's been a bit, sorry, I've been a busy girl! 

I wanted to do a follow-up on my post about the Covergirl BB Cream { CG BB Cream First Impression and Haul }as well as give my review for the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation.

First of all, I returned the BB cream to CVS {don't forget about their wonderful Beauty Guarantee }.  


It was not what I was expecting from something claiming to be a BB cream.  Now, I will say {AGAIN} that the tube does say "tinted moisturizer"... and that is exactly what it is.  I did like the texture, but it had no coverage at all.  I don't have a lot of blemishes on my face, but I do have a lot of unevenness and redness.  For this reason, I need at least medium coverage or a build-able light coverage foundation.  Maybe I was having a "good skin day" the day I wrote the haul post, as I had applied it to my face that morning and felt so so about it, however, the next day I put it on in the morning and immediately covered it with my Garnier BB cream {review coming soon}.  For you ladies who are looking for something with light coverage - I'd totally recommend it, but it was just not for me.


On to the piece de resistance, the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation {is that name long enough, BTDubs??}..... I LOVE IT!!! 

 
One of my YouTube gals recommended it in a foundation routine tutorial and I grabbed it the same day.  Now, I will say, the only reason I love this foundation is because I figured out the way I need to be applying it, which I did not do the first time I used it.  That sad day, I hated it and thought I was going to have to return yet another Covergirl foundation to CVS.  It was super cakey that day and did not sit well on my skin.  I decided to give it another chance a few weeks ago and I've been wearing it every day since.  I apply it with a damp beauty sponge {I found some random blenders by Cynthia Rowley at TJ Maxx about a month ago and I'm loving them, but you can get one at Target or Amazon for cheap or splurge on a Beauty Blender for around $20}.  THIS IS THE KEY... at least for me - the damp sponge makes the makeup apply more evenly and allows it to blend much better this way.  I haven't had a cakey moment with it since I started using this method.  The foundation is also blend-able, so I do a very light coating all over my face, and then allow it to set for a few minutes {I usually do my eyebrows while I wait} and then I go back in and add a little more coverage to my uneven areas.  This foundation is long wearing and looks great all day.  I recommend it to anyone with combo to oily skin {that's my type}.  NOTE: it does dry a little darker than when first applied, so if you're color testing on your hand in store, keep this in mind.  I was told of this before purchasing, so I allowed it to try on my hand at CVS before I chose my color.  The color I am using for now until tanning begins is 832 Nude Beige.  I'll update this post after I get my tan on and include that shade for summer.

Have a great day, beauties!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment