Wednesday, February 26, 2014

{Review}: Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation


Buxom 
Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation
{Sephora, $34}



This foundation is the bomb.com {#isthatsayingoutyet? #istillsayitalot}!  I have been trying and trying to find a foundation that covers my discoloration/redness while still giving the appearance of bare skin or at least eliminating the caked-on look.  I received this foundation as a sample when I purchased a new Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil at Sephora about a month ago.  The sample alone was super fab – it came in a booklet style package that opened up and provided four different shades of samples.  The sample alone lasted me a whole work week {5 days}.  After the last day of use, I was almost going through withdrawals when I had to go back to my L’Oreal, {sorry, I still love you} due to my Sephora being out of stock of the shade I needed when I went to purchase.  

I ordered it from Sephora.com and it came fairly quickly.  The shade I chose is “Dim the Light”.  First of all, I was surprised I needed this shade when testing the samples.  It is the second to lightest shade they offer, and although it is the end of winter, AKA the time I get no sun, I am still usually fairly olive year round.  I don’t know if this reason is because my skin is changing with age, or if their shades are versatile enough to accommodate a wide range of skin tones; either way, if you’re very fair skinned, I would suggest trying to swatch it in store before purchasing just to be sure the color matches.  

I love this foundation because a little goes a long way, it provides light to medium coverage, it is buildable and it long lasting {at least eight hours of wear}.  I also struggle with oxidation issues with a lot of foundations, and I don’t find this one to oxidize.  I will say that the area around my nostrils is the reddest area of my face, and the redness in that area does peek through after a few hours of wear, but this is something I’m willing to live with considering the flawless all over look I get from the foundation.  This foundation also packs a whopping 30 SPF which I find to be quite high for a light coverage foundation.  I will definitely be purchasing a darker shade once the summer settles in and my tan develops, because I truly love this formula.

How I wear this foundation:
Cleanse with Cetaphil cleanser, tone with Aloette Senstitive Skin Toner, moisturize with Clinique Moisture Surger Skin Fortifying Hydrator, apply Benefit POREfessional, apply Benefit “That Gal” Brightening Face Primer, apply foundation with a damp Beauty Blender

I hope this review twisted your arm to go right now and grab yourself some Buxom, if so, I hope you love it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment