Wednesday, August 28, 2013

{First Impressions}: L'Oreal Miracle Blur Oil-Free Instant Skin Smoother and L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation




I was perusing around Walgreen's yesterday and I noticed they were running a L’Oreal BOGO50.  I have wanted to try these two products, but I really couldn’t bring myself to spend $24.99 on the Miracle Blur {I already have two pore refining products I currently use}.  Walgreen's is running a sale on it for $19.99 if you participate in the BOGO, so I figured I’d grab it while I could get some money off.  I checked out the Magic Nude foundation first.  I tested a few shades on my hand based on the shade names I currently use from other L’Oreal foundations and realized that this foundation is darker shade wise than some of the others.  I ended up testing shade 320 Natural Beige.  Because some foundations tend to dry darker than when first applied, I went to check out the Miracle Blur which was located in the skin care section with the other L’Oreal skin products.  This product is a supplement to their Revitalift line.  I’m interested in hearing how the other products are working – if you use any of them, please leave me a comment.  I grabbed the oil-free formula because I have oily skin.  By this time, the foundation had set on my hand and I decided it was a good shade to go with.  When I checked out, I used my Walgreen’s Balance Rewards card {free to sign up} and saved a total of $11.50 after the BOGO50 savings and the Miracle Blur sale.  I think this was a great deal considering I didn’t really NEED either of them and was taking a chance on trying them. 

I had already decided to do an egg white mask and yolk moisturizing session when I got home {I will cover this process in another post, it is EXCELLENT for your skin and pores}, so I really wanted to just see what the Miracle Blur was offering.  After my skin was clean and moisturized for the night, I put a little on my face.  It goes on like a lot of pore fillers, it has a hint of a powdery consistency, but it is more of a gel texture than the others I have tried.  It felt nice on my skin.  This morning when I was getting ready for work, I used it again – this time, I used a little more since I knew I’d be using foundation.  It does glide on very smooth and seemed to fill my pores like the other products I’ve tried.  This product claims to smooth out fine lines.  I don’t really think it does that too well.  I don’t have a lot of lines on my face other than a few laugh lines near my mouth, but I do get creasing under my eyes.  I didn’t feel that this really made a lot of difference in those areas, but I was impressed with the coverage around my nose and cheeks in regards to pores.  If you are looking for a product that does this, I would suggest it IF you can get it on sale like I did.  I think if I had purchased it without a BOGO offer or a sale price, I might be whistling a different tune.

In regards to the Magic Nude Foundation, I am still deciding.  I do like the feel of the product.  It is a bit runny and the bottle instructions suggest applying with fingers rather than a sponge or brush.  I don’t really like using my fingers a lot of my face, and I hate having to clean up after – so I did use a Sigma brush to apply it and then I blended it with my beauty sponge.  I will post an update of my thoughts on the foundation after I have worn it all day.  I do like the light coverage and it feels great on the skin.  I don’t feel cakey.  It seems to definitely   change from liquid to powder, but   when I touch my face, it feels like it hasn’t fully set.  I am not sure if this is because I didn’t use my fingers to apply it or if it just sits on the face that way.  So far, I like it and it feels very natural.

(ONE WEEK LATER: After wearing the Revitalift Miracle Blur and the Magic Nude Foundation for a little over a week now, I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied.  I love the way the Miracle Blur camouflages pores and how it makes my skin feel; however, when I put foundation on top, I feel like the foundation is not able to set.  I usually put on foundation first, then eye makeup in order to allow the foundation to fully set before I use concealer and powder.  With the Miracle Blur underneath, I feel like the foundation is still sliding around on my face.  I want to try it with another foundation soon.  I do love the Magic Nude Foundation, though.  I find it to be a little bit drying, but I also contribute this to changing moisturizers lately.  All in all, I feel they both do what they are intended to do, I'm just not sold on them as a combo.)

That’s all I have for today, I will post an update revision when the day is over.

Have a pretty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment