Tuesday, October 15, 2013

{Fall Picks} BOOTS for Gals with Larger Calves!!!!!

I am so freaking excited!!!!  I found boots!! 
 

Now, before you go and say, "Um, Jen, there are boots at every store that offers shoes," let me say that I have monster man calves.  As in, I can NEVER find boots that don't make my lower leg look like I'm smuggling a small infant in them.  I played softball for almost my entire life {from age 4 to 19}, thus, I developed some pretty muscular legs.  Considering I was meant to be a heavier or "big boned" girl, the fatty parts of my legs turned man muscle.  I try to embrace it and be thankful of the fact that they could just be fat legs instead of massively muscular, but fall/winter always makes me sad because I can never find boots that fit them.  ALAS... I have found the holy grail!  I was shopping Sunday and I decided to stop in Maurice's in the mall.  I really like Maurice's clothes, but usually only shop there when I have a coupon or they are running some kind of deal.  Their clothes are nice, but the quality doesn't necessarily match the price.  I went in to get a black jacket because I like the fit/cut of their jackets.  While I was perusing, I noticed their boot wall.  As I do at every boot display, I sighed and walked away.  While commencing to shop, I couldn't get the boot idea out of my head and finally, to make the sad thoughts in my head disappear, I decided just to try a pair for giggles.  I grabbed a half size larger than my usual shoe choice {I wear an 8 1/2} and sat down on one of their ottomans.  I put my foot in and immediately started to take them off because I just felt like they weren't going to fit, then I decided to zip.... I kept zipping... and zipping and they zipped with no force.  I was so ecstatic I almost jumped off of the ottoman.  Then, doubtful me, I figured when I looked in the mirror they still wouldn't look quite right.  Although they fit, I was then concerned that the eye would be drawn directly to the widest section of my leg - which I don't want.  I stood in front of one of those short shoe mirrors and was in awe.  I FINALLY FOUND BOOTS!

Now, here's the best part - they are $39 a pair BUT BOGO 1/2 off {I'm not sure if they offer the BOGO offer online}!  That's right, for less than $60, you, too, can get two pairs of fall/winter boots.  Because I'm a savvy shopper {aka a broke chick with a passion for fashion}, I got them even cheaper.  If you join their text club, you get a 50% off one single item at regular price.  This does disqualify you for the BOGO, but if you're like me, you'll find the 20% off coupon on their site and get the second pair for cheap as well.  Because I shop there semi-frequently, I also had a $10 off coupon.  So, to break it down, I got a black pair of boots for 50% off at $21 and some change.  Then, I got a brown pair for around $22 with the $10 off coupon and the 20% off chip.  I got two pairs for under $50.  I'm loving it.

I'm wearing the brown ones today {they are SO comfortable that I'm shocked} with this dress from Forever 21, black leggings from Old Navy, and a black cropped cardigan I've had for a while from Kohl's. 

Have a pretty day, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment