Friday, October 11, 2013

{Review}: Special Edition Tarte 2013 Beauty Without Boundaries Set


With much regret, I must say that the Tarte 2013 Beauty Without Boundaries set was a very big let down.  There are a few products I enjoy, but most of it I really could have lived without. 
I ordered the medium shade because my skin tone is quite olive-ish. 
I was super excited about trying the BB tinted treatment primer most, and it was the most disappointing of all of the products in the set.  
Check out my initial post which includes photos and a link to purchase the 

Flops:

  • BB Tinted Treatment Primer:  I moisturize A LOT and twice a day.  The reason for this is the fact that I have combination skin and I tend to get super dry in my T-zone in the am and then get super oily in that area throughout the day.  The BB primer went on SUPER dry and cakey.  I don’t even know how anyone could use it as a primer, because it seriously left my skin looking dry and gross.  I was really looking forward to trying it as a light coverage foundation, and I ended up having to wash my face and re apply my moisturizer before starting over with my everyday foundation {L’Oreal Magic Powder}.
  • BB Tinted Undereye Corrector: This product isn’t terrible, but I didn’t really like it much either.  I’ll probably put it in my drawer of products I save for when I’ve run out of something for use.  It is just odd to me that it is a dark color.  I don’t necessarily have dark circles under my eyes, so it wasn’t a product I was overly excited about, but I definitely wasn’t wowed.
  • LipSurgence Power Pigment in Awakening: This one isn’t necessarily a flop, but I put it on the flop list because I’m not crazy about the shade.  It looks like it would be a nice rosy pink color, but on, it looks more orange.  I’m not big on lip products, so I’ve only tried it two or three times, but I always end up putting something on top of it because the shade isn’t one I really like alone.

Fabs:

  • Lights, Camera, Flashes! Mascara in Black: LOVE this… I will most likely repurchase it when I run out.  It makes my lashes super long.  It also dries pretty quickly.
  • Lights, Camera, Flashes! Waterproof Inner Rim Liner in Black: I really like this liner because it glides on effortlessly…. like butter.  It also has great staying power.  The only thing I dislike about it is that it does smudge under my eyes after a few hours of wear.  I find myself constantly checking my mirror to see if I need to remedy that issue.  It doesn’t happen every time I wear it, and it is allergy season, which means itchy and watery eyes – I’m going to keep using it into the fall and see if that issue has just been caused because of the weather.  The pigment is great and it does stay super black for a long period of time.
  • Complexion Brush and Undereye Brush: these are great brushes.  Even though I’m not using the BB Tinted Undereye Corrector, I have been using one side of the eye Undereye Brush to apply my banana powder to set my concealer.  The Complexion Brush is nice and fluffy and it can be used all over the face for powder or contouring.  I also like the chevron print on the brushes.
  • Makeup Bag: great size and print – Its large, so I plan to use it for overnight toiletries when I go out of town.  It’s a little too big to use as a travel makeup bag for me because I try to condense my products when packing and it is so large that I feel I would be compelled to over pack.  It also doesn’t have any folds, pockets, or inserts to organize makeup and brushes, which I like to do in order to protect my brushes when traveling.
I hope this review helped you decide if the Tarte set is right for you.  As I mentioned in my first post about it, the brushes alone are worth more than the entire kit and I was happy with the mascara and liner as well.  All in all, I don't regret the purchase, I just hoped that the BB primer would wow me.

Have a pretty day!


No comments:

Post a Comment