Friday, October 11, 2013

{My Faves}: September 2013


September Favorites!

It’s October, y’all {and I’m behind, I know}!  It’s also officially FALL.  The weather here in Mississippi has turned a little cooler, but we aren’t out of the clear of the sweltering weather days just yet.  Here are my favorites from September!

HAIR

Suave Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo
I’ve been using the Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo for a while and I like it a lot.  I went to get a new bottle at my Wal-Mart at the beginning of the month and they were sold out of it but had the Keratin Infusion kind.  I grabbed it and figured it would do.  I like it SO much more than the original kind.  It smells better.  The original has a fruity scent, which I do like, but the Keratin kind has a more “professional salon product” scent that I can’t explain, but it smells great.  It also seems to spray on less powdery which I like due to having dark hair.  They are both $2.99 at my Wal-Mart which is a steal!

MAKE-UP

e.l.f. Liquid Liner in Black
This stuff is great.  I generally use the Wet n Wild liquid liner, but this e.l.f. one has a longer applicator which helps me get that perfect winged look.  It also has great staying power.  The best part is that it is $1!!!  It also comes in brown.

M.A.C. Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
I love this highlighter!  It has a click applicator which distributes the product out of a built in brush at the end.  It goes on super creamy and blends perfectly.  My under eye area has stayed bright and fine line free since I started using it.  It is a bit pricey for a highlighter, but it’s M.A.C. and the payoff is worth it if you are going for that bright-eyed look.  It comes in other shades, but this one I found to be the best for eye brightening.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil in Brunette
I know I’ve discussed this product several times over the last few weeks, but it has seriously changed my life.  It is so easy to make it look so natural and my brows look so put together now.  I will never just use a shadow to shape them again {as long as they keep this product for me to purchase}.  It is also easy to wipe away mistakes, while still having staying power in the areas I want it to be.  I’ve gotten tons of compliments since I started using it and I couple it with WhiteningLightening’s Brow Bar to Go, however, on days when I’m pressed for time, I just use this pencil and my brows still look great.  I really recommend it if you’re trying to grow out over-plucked brows… it really does change the overall look of your face!


BEAUTY

St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub
I went through about a three week spell where I was having a lot of tiny heat-bump like breakouts on my forehead as well as a lot of black heads.  I blame it on the sweltering Mississippi summer heat, however, I also felt that my usual skin routine and products were just not strong enough anymore.  I do have sensitive skin and for the longest time, I’ve used Aloette products because they are very gentle and enriched with aloe vera.  I still love them, but I wanted a change.  I grabbed the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub on a whim at CVS one night and figured I probably would use it a few times and forget it on the shelf – that wasn’t the case.  I think it has greatly cleared up those “heat bumps” as well as cleared out a lot of the pores around my nose where I was having black head issues.  I use it every other day and usually at night.  It is very gentle for a scrub and the exfoliators are extremely fine, so it does not feel harsh at all.  I also like the scent – green tea!  It is also a good price at under $4.  I have not felt that it has over dried my skin either, which is usually the issue I have with exfoliators. 

Studio 35 Alpha Hydroxy Crème
I’ll admit it, I stalked the crap out of the folks at the Walgreen’s stores in my town to find this {Studio 35 is the Walgreen's brand}.  I heard about it on YouTube and saw a blue million comments about how great it worked.  I HAD to have it, but it wasn’t anywhere to be found in my stores.  One of the beauty reps at one of the stores told me that they usually get a few in every month or so and they sell out quick.  I opted to just order it online at Walgreens.com, but to my surprise, it was sold out there, too!  After stalking for almost two weeks, I finally found one tub of it and I have been so impressed with it since.  I am usually very lazy about my skin care {I know, slap my hand, I’ll regret it later on if I don’t start taking care of it}, but over the past month or so, I’ve made a conscious effort to wash my face every morning and night and use products for anti-aging.  This cream is really amazing.  It smells awful {like glue}, but once you get it on your face, the smell fades and it’s not even noticeable any more.  Alpha Hydroxy is a chemical exfoliant.  So, just like the green tea scrub I use which I exfoliate with manually, this cream does its magic on its own.  I apply it after I’ve washed my face and used an astringent at night before I go to bed.  It does leave a sort of sticky-ish/oily residue on the skin, but why does that matter if I’m sleeping in it?  It also should be cleansed off after use, as it eliminates dead skin and impurities.  When I wake up in the morning, I cleanse with Cetaphil and I’m good to go.  This cream is also around $8 which is WAYYYYY cheaper than most night creams.  It improves the overall appearance of the skin and rejuvenates it while you sleep.  I recommend it for all skin types – it really does make the skin feel softer and smoother.

I hope these recommendations are helpful to you!  Have a pretty weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment