Wednesday, January 16, 2013

{Intro & A Review}: Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in French Roast

Hey y'all!

I've FINALLY decided to get this blog going after a long time of taking it into consideration.  I've realized lately that I try a lot of new products on a regular basis and I am always looking for reviews myself, so what better way to offer my own than through this blog!  I hope to update you on the newest beauty products, my favorite products, "dupe" products for you savvy shoppers, and much more!

So, lets get started with a review!  

Revlon Colorstay Nail Enamel in French Roast


I have been eying this color online for a few weeks, but I haven't been able to find the color at any of the stores nearby.  Well, I finally spotted it at CVS Monday and snagged it and Rain Forest (buy one Revlon product, get one 50% off this week at CVS, B-T-Dubs). 

I'll admit, I L-O-V-E the color - it has a hint of glitter in shades of gold and on the nails it is just the right shade of brown, but I am already disappointed with what Revlon considers "longwear", at least with this shade.  It has already chipped tremendously and it is only DAY TWO.  I will say I have a few other shades from this line and I have not noticed such chipping so quickly, so it could be the formula used to create the shade.

This was taken the night I painted them Monday.  They were shiny (ORLY Sec N Dry Top Coat) and the color looked great.


These pictures are from today, Wednesday. Please disregard my dry skin, it's frigid here and I've been using lotion like crazy.  Notice the huge chip on my pointer finger and there are chips on the tops of almost every nail.  They have also lost their shine and are showing scratches - in two days.

I'm quite disappointed, as I do try to keep my nail colors on for about five days at a time, and I have received a lot of compliments on the shade, but the time I put into shaping and cleaning up my nails and polish is definitely not worth it for only two days of wear.  I'll be changing them up tonight or tomorrow and will be trying Rain Forest - and I'll do a comparison review, so stay tuned {UPDATED: see the review here: Revlon Rain Forest Review}



*All prices given in this post are based on pricing in my specific area.  Please be advised the prices could be lower or higher depending on your own location*


No comments:

Post a Comment