Wednesday, January 16, 2013

{Review}: I.T. Natural Foundation Brush by Sephora

I.T. Natural Foundation Brush by Sephora ($36, Sephora, Sephora.com)



This foundation brush is super soft and blends really well. After deciding to buy it after trying another brush, I was pleasantly surprised by the results, however, the constant shedding of bristles made me give this one up.   After using it for about two months, I asked a rep at Sephora if it was normal for these brushes to shed so much.  She recommended I wash it and see how it did after a wash.  It actually started shedding more prior to washing.  I love the brush, but having to remove a dozen tiny hairs from my face after using it is not worth it.

Pros:
  • Soft Bristles- the bristles on this brush are amazingly soft!  When I was first looking at the brush in Sephora, I was playing with the bristles while checking out other brushes, and loved the way it felt against my skin.
  • Perfect Shape - this brush’s shape is great because it allows you to get into the little “nooks and crannies”, such as the crevice around your nose and chin as well as right under the eyes.  Some larger brushes make this contouring difficult.
  • Shape Saving Cap- the brush comes with a plastic cap that pops on and off to maintain the shape of the brush and to protect the bristles.  This is great for you ladies who store your brushes in your makeup bag.
Cons:
  • Brush Length - the brush has a very long handle.  Normally the handle length would not matter, but if you use a hand mirror while applying your makeup, you may occasionally bump the end of the brush into your mirror.
  • Loose Bristles - This brush sheds A LOT!  While applying my foundation I stopped constantly to remove the tiny hairs.  The bristles get stuck to my foundation, which requires me to grab the bristles and rebuff the area after with an alternate brush, which defeats the purpose of using this one.
I'm very unimpressed with this brush and it has really made me doubt purchasing another Sephora brand brush.  I would suggest Real Techniques, Sigma, or Bare Essentials.  I have several brushes from each of these brands and have been very pleased with their quality and overall performance.


*All prices given in this post are based on pricing in my specific area.  Please be advised the prices could be lower or higher depending on your own location*



No comments:

Post a Comment