Thursday, January 17, 2013

{Review}: Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation
This foundation is FABULOUS for a drugstore product.  I have to admit it, blog world, my name is Jennifer, and I am a foundation snob! {cue the "hi, Jennifers"}.  Up until a few months ago I had religiously used {for ten plus years} the same foundation - Merle Norman’s Total Finish Compact in Creamy Beige {in the summer I am Buff Beige, FYI :) }.  The Merle Norman really is great, however it is very heavy {as in it has been said it is used in funeral homes in preparation for wakes} and I started to really notice my pores enlarging due to the excess that was left after my daily cleansing routines.  I decided I needed to find something that gave me the same flawless coverage, but was more dense - leaving less behind at the end of the day…. cue Maybelline’s Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation!


 I discovered the Maybelline foundation on one of my favorite beauty vlog sites and went that evening and purchased it.  Keep in mind, this is a full coverage foundation.  This means it is quite heavy.  I don't wear this on a daily basis, but it is great for days when I have after work plans and don't have time to go home in between.  Now, here's the scoop:

Pros:
  • Easy shade matching: I chose my shade by comparing the color of the foundation showing through the side of the bottle to the top of my hand and it was a perfect match {I will insert my shade here when I get home to check what it is}. 
  • Minimal product needed at each application: A little goes a long way with this stuff and it really stays for a long time.  I haven’t worn it for 24 hours straight, but from the coverage I’ve gotten so far from a morning application and wearing it to work, I wouldn’t be surprised about its staying power.
  • Minimal smell: This product has little no no odor.
  • Blends well: After applying my moisturizer, I applied the foundation with a Sigma Kabuki brush then blended in with a Sonia Kashuk Blender Ball and achieved maximum coverage with little effort.
Cons:
  • The only con I have for this product right now is the fact that I would prefer it in a bottle with a pump.  I feel products in bottles with twist caps allow one to waste a lot of product when trying to get it out of the bottle.  For the price of this foundation {which is higher than most drug store brand items} a pump should have been added. 
 
*All prices given in this post are based on pricing in my specific area.  Please be advised the prices could be lower or higher depending on your own location*


No comments:

Post a Comment