Tuesday, January 22, 2013

{Tresses Tuesday}: A Tutorial

It’s Tresses Tuesday and I thought I would share the most fabulous video I found about a year ago on YouTube from thelipstickdiaries on how to create beautiful, long lasting curls!

The technique is quick and requires little effort (no heat)!  I do this a few times a week and I always get a ton of compliments! This method has also assisted me with growing my hair out and allows me to avoid using heat for styling, so my hair is healthier and shinier!  NOTE: If you have very long hair, this method still works, however, once you reach a point in the wrapping where you cannot put any more hair around the band, use bendable rollers {I use Conair Slip-free rollers that I purchased at a local drug store. They are also available on Amazon} to curl the remaining pieces of hair. 

All you need is an elastic headband {I use the Goody Stay Put Headbands - pictured below, the wider the band, the bigger the curls}, volumizing mousse, and hair spray.


This method works well for me and stays bouncy and curly all day long and even in to day two with waves.  I did make a few changes from the video: I start wrapping my hair when it is damp - almost dry.  This will be a trial and error process for you, depending on your hair type and thickness.  Mine dries extremely fast, so even if I wrap it when its a little too wet, the curls still develop fine.  I also put product in my hair such as root boosting mousse or curl booster sprays.  I usually use Big Sexy Hair's Root Pump Plus Volumizing Spray Mousse on my roots and spread the remaining all over my hair.  I also spray each strand before wrapping it with a hair spray or setting spray.  Lately I've been using Tresemme's Climate Control Finishing Spray.  In the morning after I unwrap the hair, I comb through it to relax the curls.  It will be super curly if you follow these directions, however, the hair is easily manipulated to style to your liking.  Let me know if you  try this method!

Here's the video:







 

No comments:

Post a Comment